Natural wood is the best material for sauna covering. Steam room is a source of health, so when finishing it is necessary to use only natural and environmentally friendly materials.
In addition to environmental friendliness, wood has other advantages:
• Low thermal conductivity;
• Long –lasting operational qualities;
• When heated, it release phytoncides and a pleasant fragrance;
• Aesthetic and pleasant to the touch.
The best wood for bathhouses finishing
Due to the nature of sauna microclimate, not all types of wood are suitable for it. The Amilano Online Store presents the best wood species for bathhouses and saunas, which are resistant to either moisture or steam, or high temperatures. These are aspen, thermo aspen, pine, alder, abachi.
1. Aspen is one of the most popular types of wood for bathhouses. It has got a pleasant texture, healing properties and makes a relaxing effect on humans. It does not decay even with constant water contact and is easy in processing.
2. Thermo aspen has undergone a heat treatment process and has more durable characteristics than common aspen. It does not swell from moisture, does not decay, and is less flammable comparing to untreated wood.
3. Pine is a cheap material. It has a pleasant aroma helping to relax.
4. Alder is equally famous type of wood for bathhouses and saunas acting well during processing, has a high moisture resistance and does not shrink.
5. Abachi - durable and solid African oak. It does not get dark and keeps its appearance for a long time. It is resistant to mechanical damage, has a low thermal conductivity.
Our Products for Bathhouses
We offer the following wood materials for the bathhouses:
• Wooden Battens
• materials for shelves and benches
• modules for shelves (shelving)
• furring and casing
• floors for a steam room
• bars for grating
All products are certified, environmentally safe and approved for sale in the EU markets.